Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Architect and Builder

 
A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost.
 
He reduces height and spots a man down below.
 
He lowers the balloon further and shouts: "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am"
 
The man below says: "Yes you're in a large red hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field between 40 & 41 deg latitude and 120 and 124 deg West longitude"
 
"You must be an Architect" says the balloonist.
 
"I am" replies the man. "How did you know?"
 
"Well" says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of absolutely no use to me and I still don't know where I am."
 
The man below says, "You must be a contractor."
 
"Well yes" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"
 
"Well", says the man, "You don't know where you are, or where you're going and you've made a promise that you can't keep but now you expect me to solve your problem; and you're in the same position as you were before we met, but now it's my fault."
 

No comments: